The Posting Rules are for everyone. There are no exceptions. Please read the rules and abide by them or your account will be suspended.
BayToday.ca classifieds ads are provided free to our community thanks to the support of local businesses who help offset our operating costs via advertising and classifieds business ad posts.
1. Private ads are FREE (for non-commercial private use only). Commercial use is advertising that promotes any ongoing enterprise involved in the trade of goods, services or both for profit. Singular endeavours such as a moving sale, a garage sale or selling of possessions are considered non-commercial, private use.
Real Estate ads (apart from the exceptions noted below), including For Rent Vacation Property and For Rent Commercial Space (Wanted ads are free) are considered business ads and must be placed under one of our two paid business ad categories.
All animal breeder ads are considered business ads and must be placed under one of our two paid business ad categories.
BayToday.ca makes exceptions in three areas only:
a) For Rent - apartments, rooms and houses. Due to the fact that North Bay's vacancy rates are so low, these rental real estate ads can be posted for free.
b) Childcare. To support working families with young children, BayToday.ca will allow childcare providers to advertise for free.
c) BayToday.ca will allow $100 per animal in a single litter to cover routine expenses on a one-time basis. Any ad selling animals on an ongoing basis (breeding) must be paid for.
BayToday.ca reserves the right to remove ads at its discretion and without notice.
2. Business Ads: If you have a product or service to offer, we have two different price options for you to display your ad in the category of your choice. All commercial/business ads must use one of these options.
If you would like to consider placing a banner ad designed by the BayToday.ca team please email us at email@example.com
3. Please report ads that violate our posting rules to us using the 'report this ad' link to make abusers of our system easier to spot.
4. Maintain your ad postings using the ‘Your Ads' link on the classifieds main page. Delete your items when they sell.
5. Posting ads with URLs to other websites is not permitted.
6. Limit postings to four per day, each of which may be posted to two relevant categories. Wait for your ad to expire in seven days before posting it again. The For Sale - Miscellaneous category is only to be used for items that cannot fit into any other category.
7. Do not post comments. Our classifieds section is not a forum.
8. Contacting someone who posted a classified to harass that person about the ad, or to give an opinion without being asked, is not acceptable. Unless you are contacting an advertiser to make a legitimate offer on their item or service for sale, do not contact them. If you have received any emails that are harassing in nature, please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will consider revoking the account.
9. Keep it clean folks.
Please be advised: Anyone not in compliance with the posting rules will be banned from BayToday.ca without notice. The posting rules are for everyone. There are no exceptions. Please read the rules and abide by them.
If you have suggestions about how we can better maintain this section, please email us at email@example.com