East Wellington Community Services (EWCS) is looking for a casual Driver. EWCS is a community-impact organization that addresses the health and care, transportation and social service needs of individuals and families in East Wellington.
As an essential member of the Transportation Team, the incumbent is responsible for providing safe and reliable transportation support on a casual basis to clients to attend medical and social service appointments. In addition, the Driver may also provide transportation to clients who attend the Adult Day Program in Erin, and assist with the delivery of items to/from donors, clients, and other stakeholders. The Driver is responsible for daily circle checks and log book entries of the vehicle and to ensure proper vehicle maintenance. The driver must complete inspections and documentation in accordance with Ministry of Transportation standards. Driver will operate our agency van but may also be required to drive our 18-passenger bus as needed. Driver will have knowledge of motor vehicles and will additionally take vehicles in for servicing as necessary. Other duties may include maintaining records regarding vehicle maintenance, and other information pertaining to transportation services.
Drivers are required to wear masks, and to sanitize the vehicle after each ride.
- Current F or B Class driver’s license
- Must have a clean driving abstract and recent Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Two years working with a diverse and frail population
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Current certificate in First Aid /CPR Level C
- Physically capable of lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Well developed interpersonal, written and verbal skills and demonstrated ability to form effective working relationships
- Access to reliable transportation to and from work.
Please submit your resume via email by September 9th, 2022 to Barb Carscadden at firstname.lastname@example.org