The North Shore Health Network provides rural healthcare for communities along the north shore of Lake Huron – including services in Blind River, Thessalon and Richards Landing. The North Shore Health Network sites have been serving their communities faithfully for many years providing emergency, acute, complex continuing care, long-term care and community support services.
The Attending Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a primary care provider for residents in the North Shore Health Network Nursing Home and Complex Care unit. The Attending NP works within their legislative scope of practice as described and outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario. As a provider, the Attending NP collaborates with the resident and family/care giver, and the health care team in the development, implementation and evaluation of the residents’ plan of care. The Attending NP provides mentorship to the Long Term Care staff that enhances their knowledge, assessment skills, and ability to care for residents.
• Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner or RN – Extended Class with the College of Nursing of Ontario in good standing
• Post-graduate education in gerontology (preferred)
• Specialty certification in gerontological nursing
• Post-graduate certificate in palliative care
• One year of experience working as a Nurse Practitioner with elderly clients with complex medical and geriatric syndrome conditions (preferred)
• Demonstrated ability and experience in working in a collaborative care model with other providers, leadership, allied health, nursing, personal support workers, and support staff
• Knowledgeable and experienced in the model and concepts of patient/resident centered care
• Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver education to residents/care providers, nursing, personal support workers, and support staff that enhances the knowledge and skills necessary to enhance resident care and outcomes
• Knowledgeable and current on relevant Long Term Care Legislation Acts, Regulations, and Directives
• Current CPR
• Proficient in the use of electronic charting, Microsoft office applications, and medical equipment
• Clear criminal record and Valid Driver’s License
• Bilingual – English & French considered a strong asset
Direct Care to Residents:
• Provides comprehensive person-centred primary care to residents as part of the interdisciplinary health care team
• Increases continuity of care through collaboration, consultation and referral as appropriate
• Provides person-centred care to residents
Research, Education, Leadership:
• Participates in creating an organizational environment that supports the safety, quality of resident care and life, collaborative practice, and professional growth
• Participates in internal and external committees
• Participates in the development of teaching and coaching activities to enhance knowledge and skill development for staff working in Long Term Care and on acute care where relevant
NSHN has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires covered individuals to take part in COVID-19 vaccination programs recommended by Public Health; unless they are approved for a human rights accommodation from NSHN. Compliance with this policy is mandatory for this position.
In order to ensure equal opportunities during the recruitment and selection process, North Shore Health Network provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities, upon request.
North Shore Health Network thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.