Grand River Conservation Authority
Location – Burford (near Brantford)
Job Title: Tree Labourer
Full Time Tuesday-Friday – 8 hours a day
Rate of Pay – $16.52-$20.66/hr (seasonal)
Job Description/ Expected Duties:
Seasonal Position-Late March 2023 to Mid-May (Approximately 8 weeks of work)
The labourer is involved with the day-to-day operation of the Burford tree nursery during the Spring season. This position reports to the Supervisor of Forestry Operations and is part of a team of 8 – 12 nursery staff.
1. Lifting/harvesting of bare root trees
2. Packaging, labeling and shipping nursery stock
3. Transplanting seedlings into containers and out into the nursery fields
4. Safe operation of nursery equipment
5. Assist in set-up of irrigation equipment and systems
6. Pruning of trees and shrubs
7. Maintaining nursery stock (weeding, watering and fertilizing)
8. Carry out other duties as assigned
1. Ability to operate various hand tools and equipment
2. Valid driver’s license
3. Physically capable of prolonged standing, walking, bending and lifting
4. Ability to lift a minimum of 40lbs
5. Ability to drive a tractor would be an asset
6. Basic tree and shrub identification skills would be an asset
7. Be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
How To Apply:
Please send a resume and covering letter to [email protected] in MS Word or PDF format and quote “Burford Labourer” in the subject line.
For more information-please visit the GRCA website.
Approximate Start Date: Late March 2023 start date is weather dependent.
Recurring Season Late March to Mid-May: Approximately 8 weeks of work.
Deadline for Applications: 4:00pm, Wednesday February 17, 2023.