McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an EssoTM branded retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
LOCATION: Sudbury/North Bay
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
As a result of continued growth, we are looking for a high energy, results focused, dynamic individual as a Territory Manager in the region of Sudbury/North Bay to service a network of sites and discover growth opportunities within the assigned territory. The Territory Manager will be responsible for:
- Establishing and meeting growth targets.
- Account Management of existing Esso sites within assigned territory.
- Maintaining existing and developing new relationships with customers and industry associations.
- Prospecting of new dealer accounts through cold calling.
- Contributing to the development of sales strategies and implement approaches to achieve targets in a business to business sales environment.
- Preparing all sales and activity reports in a timely fashion.
- Providing on-site coaching and counselling to dealers and site owners to achieve top performance on marketing program execution.
- Ensuring all sites adhere to contractual and company regulations and policies, where applicable.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business or Marketing
- Minimum of two years’ experience in sales
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate successfully while protecting the interests of the employer
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to shift focus and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic business environment
- Demonstrated non-authoritative leadership skills
- Experience with income statements and balance sheet reviews
- Fundamental understanding of general accepted accounting principles
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills; Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated success in living the values of McDougall Energy
- Strong understanding of Privacy and Confidentiality in the workplace
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Employer Health Benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Employee Family Assistance Program
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or send a resume by email to: email@example.com
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.