Would you like to go to work every day knowing your work is important and meaningful?
Do you want to go home at the end of the day feeling that you have made a difference?
The SFVHF has a rich history of inspiring people to invest in the future of our local healthcare organizations; (St Francis Memorial Hospital, Valley Manor Long Term Care & MV Hospice Palliative Care) working as partners with our generous community of donors to enhance exceptional healthcare.
It is within this exciting context and due to the upcoming retirement of the incumbent we are looking for the next full time Executive Director (ED) to oversee our dynamic and progressive fundraising organization.
The Executive Director will be a visionary, results orientated leader, a passionate champion of healthcare with proven leadership at a senior level. Being very people-oriented, the ED inspires our organization and community, connecting people with opportunities. The ED’s leadership style creates an engaging and collaborative approach to realizing the Foundation’s vision and direction. An avid learner, the candidate brings a continuous improvement culture to the organization.
He/she will possess management abilities highlighted by a proven track record of nonprofit administration, management of day to day operations, strong business and financial acumen, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, comfort with public speaking and experience working in the not for profit sector with a volunteer Board of Directors.
A self-motivated, self-disciplined individual with initiative & drive to succeed in a complex, fast paced environment, the candidate will be a strategic, innovative thinker with the ability to problem solve. This leader has expertise in the core areas of fundraising including direct mail, major gifts, campaigns, special events and planned giving, preferably in a healthcare setting. They will also have a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with supporters and potential donors.
In addition to the above, please note the following qualifications and experience
• Undergraduate degree/diploma in Business, Communications, Fundraising, Marketing/Public Relations or related field
• Highly developed communication skills both oral and written including correspondence, solicitation materials, newsletters
• Availability to work nights and weekends as necessary to attend meetings and events
• Valid driver’s license
• Recognized professional certification (CFRE/fundraising management certificate ) and membership affiliations ( AFP, AHP) an asset
• Knowledge of related standards, legislation and best practices in fundraising
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications, and familiar with donor software
• Ability to oversee a full range of fundraising special events, with demonstrated success with major gifts and capital campaigns, managing multiple priorities and projects within deadlines; knowledge of fundraising standards and practices
• Progressive fundraising experience preferably in a healthcare environment
• Experience of working with a small nonprofit organization, rural communities, and a volunteer Board
• Demonstrated success managing people with excellent relationship building skills
If you are the ideal candidate for this position, we would like to hear from you!!
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of intent and resume Attn. Karen Tierney, Board Chair by Aug 28th to email@example.com
or mail to: SFVH Foundation , 7 St Francis Memorial Drive, Box 129 Barry’s Bay, ON K0J1B0
A detailed copy of the job description is available at www.sfvhfoundation.com
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates being considered for the position will be contacted