Senior Manager Infrastructure Operations
||Sault Ste Marie, Ontario
|OLG Site or Facility:
||Foster Drive Office
|Number of Positions:
|Length of Contract:
|Posting Expiry Date:
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Senior Manager Infrastructure Operations
Reporting to the VP Infrastructure Operations, the Senior Manager Infrastructure Operations oversees the support and maintenance of Technology infrastructure strategy and implementation such as data and voice networks to enable the delivery of secure, predictable, stable and available services to OLG at all times
What you will be doing:
- Manages the day-to-day support activities of the infrastructure environment, including providing support to staff members in Server Operations & Networks (Data and Telecommunications) to ensure the infrastructure environments are stable and available
- Analyzes and update knowledge management practices and repositories (policies, standards and procedures) to advise on access to infrastructure information, including monitoring and managing compliance and defining benchmark performance targets to meet or exceed industry standards
- Oversees the support provided for server, storage and network and provides input on day to day execution of tiered level infrastructure support and also acts as the escalation point
- Identifies, assesses and communicates infrastructure operational risks and contributes to infrastructure operations planning to proactively ensure any risks are raised and mitigated
- Evaluates networking, storage, servers, security and monitoring reports and to provide recommendations for data center optimization
- Heads Infrastructure Operations lifecycle from defining release strategy for change projects, to developing detailed release activity task panning, service readiness and acceptance and service transition (including documentation review)
- Heads the execution of the change, release and incident management process within the context of Infrastructure operations
- Reviews and analyzes existing infrastructure effectiveness and efficiency and develop strategies for continuous improvement and provides subject matter technical expertise on infrastructure to resolve disruptions
- Validates infrastructure operations team outputs and manages incremental releases to ensure business stakeholder outcomes are realized.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to leverage cloud-based technologies to enable infrastructure operations as recommended in the cloud strategy and identify any associated impacts and provide recommendations.
- Leads and provides overall direction to the Infrastructure Operations staff, including defining team member roles, responsibilities, and expectations; provides timely coaching and performance feedback, ensuring a cohesive operational unit with optimum use of team skills
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within IT or related functions
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with Infrastructure Operations
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience leading or managing Technology teams in a complex Technology environment
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in information systems, business administration and/or project management discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to work on an on-call basis, 24/7, 365 days.
- Knowledge of Agile/Lean/ITIL methodologies and processes
- Knowledge of Infrastructure and Operations frameworks and processes
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Generous leave plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee perks
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on October 14, 2019.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.