Senior Manager, Technology Service Management
||Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. Canada
|OLG Site or Facility:
||Foster Drive Office
|Number of Positions:
|Length of Contract:
||Until March 31st, 2020
||Tech Service Management
|Posting Expiry Date:
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Sr Manager, Technology Service Management
Reporting to the Director, Technology Service Management, the Senior Manager, Technology Service Management manages the day to day delivery of Technology Service Management services to ensure business continuity and minimal disruption to the business while providing exceptional customer service. Oversees the ITSM Support and its team to seamlessly deliver functionality and meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
What you will be doing:
- Manages the day to day delivery of Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) services (e.g. Help Desk, Technology incident management, asset management, software licensing etc.), including providing guidance on the development and maintenance of standardized work practices and processes that supports the ITSM activities, including providing team oversight for problem management (full lifecycle management) to ensure business continuity
- Manages the day to day delivery of End User Computing (EUC) (e.g. mobile, telephony, desktop/laptop, peripherals, PCs, workstation & handheld hardware, computer related issues etc.). This also includes image management and software distribution services for timely resolution.
- Provides oversight to the ITSM and EUC teams, including defining team member roles, responsibilities, and expectations; provides timely coaching and performance feedback, ensuring a cohesive operational unit with optimum use of team skills
- Supports management of (ITIL) processes including release management, Technology Service change management, configuration, incident and problem management processes for ITSM services, initiatives, projects across the lifecycle (e.g. detailed release activity task planning/management, service readiness/acceptance, service transition, compliance reporting etc.) to minimize any disruptions to the business
- Directs ITIL process development, implementation and adherence for the Service Operation ITSM areas (e.g. incident troubleshooting/ resolution/ change management, escalation), and related reporting; coordinates process identification, implementation, monitoring to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Manages and oversees the ITSM and EUC queue management to ensure services are meeting the predefined service level agreement (SLAs) targets including ensuring adequate communications are being sent to manage stakeholder expectations
- Provides technical advice, guidance and recommendations for ITSM and EUC activities, tools, techniques including identify further opportunities for continuous improvement
- Acts as an escalation point for the ITSM and EUC teams and prioritizes and allocates the incident response teams, includes providing guidance on the communications required during major incidents to ensure timely resolution
- Proactively guides ITSM and EUC analysis on practices, queues, incident management to identify, conduct root-cause analysis, post-incident reviews (PIRs) to recommend efficiency and effectiveness opportunities
- Guides ITSM Technology asset inventory management including physical hardware, asset decommissioning and Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) and internally developed software, including asset contractual commitments and software licensing in a centralized function
- Oversees ITIL KPI, and customer SLA performance reporting to identify continuous improvement and optimization opportunities
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ progressive experience in Technology service management
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in managing Technology teams in a complex Technology environment
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in information systems, business administration and/or project management discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience in Technology Availability Management, Technology Service Improvement, and Technology Incident Management
- Experience in Contingency and Disaster Recovery
- Experience in Technology Asset Management and Technology Service Continuity Management
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Generous leave plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee perks
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on June 18, 2019
All applicants should have completed six months in their current position. In the event there are no qualified applicants with at least six months of service, candidates who have completed their probationary period (three months for full time, 520 hours worked for part time) will be considered.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.