Experienced .NET Developer
Village Media is growing again! We have an opportunity for an experienced and results-oriented .NET Developer to join our team in Sault Ste. Marie.
Village Media is one of the fastest growing pure play digital media companies in Canada. Our globally recognized company offers an innovative, fast-paced, challenging, engaging and flexible work environment, with a local team of skilled digital and media publishing professionals.
Our proprietary publishing platform (our Community Engine) is recognized as a leading platform in the industry. It powers 21 sites across the country, reaching over 4 million users monthly. The platform has been coded from the ground up over the past four years and is continuously being enhanced and fine-tuned for performance and functionality. Beyond standard content management capabilities, the platform includes proprietary modules for Classified Ads, User Accounts, Commenting, Auctions, Business Directories and more.
- Job responsibilities include but are not limited to: Requirements Definition/Analysis, Software Design, Coding, Quality Assurance, Code Maintenance, and Deployment
- Regularly commit code using version control software
- Successful candidate will be an organized self-starter who is able to balance multiple priorities, works well with a team, and has a strong desire to expand knowledge
- Experience in C#.Net MVC, MS SQL Server, HTML, CSS
- Database fundamentals
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Understanding of W3C Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Ability to use Version Control (Git, GitHub, Bitbucket)
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Azure a plus
- Related work experience will be an asset
Interested applicants are invited to APPLY HERE.