Planer Supervisor, Atikokan Sawmill
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Planer Supervisor for our Atikokan Sawmill; one of the most technologically advanced sawmill and planer operations in North America.
The Planer Supervisor reports to the Planer Superintendent, and is directly responsible to provide shift supervision, and coordination of maintenance activities during daily operation activities. This key role will assist with the efficient, safe lumber finishing production, and related scheduling logistics with the assigned workforce.
- Ensure application of highest Safety standards for planer, kiln and yard operations
- Oversee production sector by maximizing the use of materials, personnel and equipment to meet or exceed production goals, quality and financial performance (monitoring and cost reduction).
- Supervise, direct and guide employees to help them achieve their maximum level of effectiveness; identify and meet their needs for training in their job, health and safety and the environment.
- Work with supervisors of maintenance (mechanical and electrical) to ensure optimal performance and efficiency of maintenance activities (mechanical & electrical).
- Ensure product quality meets customer needs and lumber grade standards
- Ensure that all employees work in accordance with the rules, policies, programs and procedures of the Company, and with all applicable laws relating to health and safety and the ISO-14001 processes
- Perform all administrative tasks (reports: production, maintenance, timesheets, health and safety, performance, training, transfer of personnel, environment, etc.)
- Reporting to the Planer Superintendent, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree, technical diploma, or related industry experience
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of equivalent experience
- Demonstrated progression in leadership roles
Your assets and skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- knowledge of MS Office, and solid computer skills
- A self-motivated individual who will work towards Safety & Reliability Excellence
- Good working knowledge of sawmill and planer mill equipment
Our new Atikokan Sawmill is located at Sapawe, On which is located 30km east of Atikokan. The community of Atikokan is located 2 hours west of Thunder Bay, ON and 2 hours east of Fort Frances, ON / International Falls, US (for more information about the region, please visit http://atikokaninfo.com/ or http://www.atikokanchamber.com/)
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection.