Maintenance Millwright, Atikokan Sawmill
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Maintenance Millwright for our Atikokan Sawmill; one of the most technologically advanced sawmill and planer operations in North America.
The Maintenance Millwright reports to the Maintenance Supervisor, and is directly responsible to provide safe maintenance, repair, installation and modification of all sawmill related equipment.
- Participate in safety programs and ensure the application of our safety standards for all maintenance operations
- You have a commitment to work in a safe productive manner to maximize quality and production while minimizing production, maintenance costs and unscheduled downtime
- Troubleshoot equipment failures and perform necessary repairs
- Collaborate with Production and Maintenance personnel with daily operation activities
- Utilize the Maintenance Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, weekly schedules, PM's, and updating the equipment database;
- Perform periodic inspections of equipment and systems to observe operating conditions and need for repair or adjustment
- You will apply your excellent organizational skills to maximize uptime, quality and production
- Execute preventative maintenance activities including troubleshooting and repairs to all sawmill equipment, hydraulic systems, conveyors, and pumps in a timely manner
- Communicate updates to supervisor to maintain goals
- Shift work will be required
- Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Industrial or Construction Mechanic/Millwright certification
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in related industrial environment
Your assets and skills
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse trades team environment
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude and trouble shooting skills
- Support continuous improvement and contribute to cost savings initiatives
- MS Office, and Computer Maintenance Management Software computer skills
- A self-motivated individual who will work towards Reliability Excellence
- Other trade certificates and experience with hydraulics, pneumatics and welding or other related experience in the wood product industry will be considered
- In addition, candidates in a Millwright apprenticeship program will be considered based on a two-year Industrial Mechanics Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of sawmill and planer mill equipment
- Possess a strong safety focus and exceptional safety record
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Resolute Growth Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our new Atikokan Sawmill is located at Sapawe, On which is located 30km east of Atikokan. The community of Atikokan is located 2 hours west of Thunder Bay, ON and 2 hours east of Fort Frances, ON / International Falls, US (for more information about the region, please visit http://atikokaninfo.com/ or http://www.atikokanchamber.com/)
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.