SR. CREDIT ANALYST
ALGOMA STEEL INC.
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Based in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Algoma has a proud history as a leading manufacturer of hot and cold rolled steel sheet and plate products. We are Canada’s only discrete plate producer and one of the lowest-cost producers of hot-rolled sheet steel in North America owing in part to our state-of-the-art Direct Strip Production Complex. Our steel is used in construction, mining, manufacturing, automotive, shipbuilding, and energy sectors including renewable energy and military applications. Today’s steel industry is rapidly evolving and so are we, transitioning to electric arc steelmaking technology that will position Algoma as one of North America’s leading producers of green steel, bringing low-carbon steel products to market, shrinking our environmental footprint, and securing a more sustainable future.
We invite those with a talent and drive for superior performance, who desire to be part of a team of steel
industry professionals to apply. Join us as we build on our rich, century-long tradition of delivering quality steel
products to our customers, improving the quality of life for our community, and providing rich and rewarding
careers for our employees.
- Responsible for the collection of Accounts Receivable through direct communication with customers to minimize the day’s outstanding sales.
- Monitor compliance of customers with their payment terms policy.
- Initiate contact with customers to address overdue accounts, unacceptable payment patterns, over credit limit situations and short payments.
- Review customer account information to make recommendations regarding cash discounts or mitigating further exposure to Algoma.
- Interface with appropriate personnel from Sales, Claims, Pricing and other departments to effectively manage customer accounts.
- Recommend adjustments to customer credit limits based on analysis of customer’s financial statements, risk factors, payment history and information obtained directly from customers.
- Ensure the accuracy of the cash application functions and resolve any issues or discrepancies.
- Perform month-end Accounts Receivable write-offs and reconciliations.
- Liaise with external auditors and bank auditors to provide requested information.
- Maintain good customer relations and visit customers as required.
- Must have a university degree in accounting, finance or business administration or a professional accounting designation.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to negotiate payment commitments in a professional manner.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, ability to process information quickly and make appropriate decisions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to select, prioritize and complete important and essential functions on a daily basis.
- Experience in lending/credit granting/collections a definite asset.
- Skilled at keeping good documentation for follow-up purposes and reference.
- Enrollment in Credit related courses may be required.
- Knowledge of SAP related to order-to-cash is an asset.
- Commitment to a team based approach to problem solving.
- Willing to travel on Company business.
Algoma offers a competitive salary, an extended health benefits package, a defined contribution pension plan and profit sharing. If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, we encourage you to apply by May 27, 2022. To learn more about our company, please visit www.algoma.com We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace. Accommodation is available for applicants with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.