Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON, Canada
OLG Site or Facility: Foster Drive Office
Number of Positions: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Length of Contract:
Posted Date: 7/2/2019
Posting Expiry Date: 7/16/2019
Senior Financial Analyst
Reporting to the Director Tax, Treasury and Transactions, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day
accounting, month end and year end activities, and providing subject matter expertise in all corporate accounting functions
for OLG (areas including: Corporate Revenue Reporting, Gaming, iGaming, cGaming, Lotteries, Sports and Shared
Services) while adhering to sound principles of internal controls.
What you will be doing:
- Lead role in the month-end and year-end closing process to ensure accurate and timely completion of all activities as per the requirement of OLG. Analyze root cause of financial statement variances and apply professional judgment to determine need for variance explanation or escalation as required in adherence to OLG policies and procedures.
- Lead in the preparation of the monthly OLG financial statements while ensuring the integrity of the financial reporting systems, information and internal controls.
- Prepare, review and analyze financial data for automated input to the Corporate General Ledger, ensuring compliance with IFRS for areas including: Corporate Revenue Reporting, Gaming, iGaming, cGaming, Lotteries, Sports and Shared Services. This also includes review and oversight of Accounting Analyst tasks ensuring information is accurate prior to input into the general ledger.
- Assist in the development of internal controls over financial reporting to ensure accuracy of input into the Corporate General Ledger; ensuring adherence to sound principles of internal control including the Internal Control Framework and Ministry of Finance Memorandum of Understanding and other applicable Ministry directives
- Responsible for the preparation/review of accurate and timely working papers and financial reports to enable the fiscal year-end audit, collaborating with Senior Manager Accounting to ensure all deliverables are met. Responsible to work with external auditors throughout the audit processes ensuring auditor inquiries/requests are completed accurately and timely.
- Responsible for the preparation/review of the calculation of service provider fees (in excess of $2 billion annually), including permitted capital fees, and associated financial reconciliations, ensuring service provider adheres to contractual obligations; escalate any issue to Senior Manager Accounting as needed. This role has an understanding of the service provider contracts and interpretation thereof.
- Responsible for the preparation/review of the calculations of various external corporate stakeholder obligations such as municipal commissions, win contribution, charity payments, Resort Casino contractual obligations and quarterly hospitality reporting (Total stakeholders approx. 500 million)
- Responsible for the accounting of OLGs capital assets including the 1) recording of assets/disposals in accordance with IFRS and OLG policy; 2) preparation of various capital asset reports as required and 3) annual useful life review of OLGs capital assets
- Participate as a subject-matter-expert on adhoc projects, strategic initiatives by assisting in the development of business requirements, performing user acceptance testing and providing subject matter expertise
- Conduct analysis and month-end reconciliation of significant account balances to ensure completeness and correctness. This also includes review and oversight of Accounting Analyst reconciliations to ensure these are approved timely, are accurate and noted issues are resolved/followed up on with internal stakeholders
- Contribute to and assist in the development of new processes or modification of existing processes, including ILC, as these relate to the addition of new products to ensure accurate financial reporting
- (Lottery only) Prepare the daily calculation of prize funding transfers to and from the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation for numerous National lottery games (approximately $1 billion annually) as per ILC policies and procedures
- Prepare and analyze the compiling and summarizing of sensitive payment information in response to requests from internal and external stakeholders, especially Freedom of Information requests and/or requests for the Ministry of Finance
- Review the accurate daily revenue reporting ensuring that key financial components agree to source systems, including daily reconciliations of revenue for all reporting functions; ensuring timeliness and accuracy of revenue.
- Lead role in the accounts receivable invoicing to third parties, such as Service providers; also includes collections of accounts receivable within reasonable timeframe
What we’re looking for:
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 3+ years of progressive experience in accounting/auditing in a medium/large sized organization
- Experience with IFRS
- Proficient with MS Office
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Relationship management skills
- Communication skills
- Finance/accounting software solutions
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, benefits, defined benefit pension plan and variable pay program
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Generous leave plans
- Flexible work environment
- Exclusive employee perks
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising effortsfor local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on July 16, 2019
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment
accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human