SENIORS CONNECTIONS SPEAKERS SERIES PRESENTS...
ELDER ABUSE PREVENTION
Rorab Shrine Club
1260 Brookes St
Free Event - Lunch Provided - Registration Required
Opportunities for Learning and Social Connection
Topics will include:
• What is elder abuse and senior bullying?
• Types of fraud and other financial abuse
• What are the forms and signs of elder abuse
• The Law
• Where to get help This presentation will include:
Josée is a bilingual Gerontology worker with experience developing, implementing and evaluating program services for seniors. She has worked as a Community Mental Health Worker, Coordinator of Volunteers and Activity Programmer for people living with a mental illness.
Her involvement in Elder Abuse began when she was hired as Project Coordinator for the Sudbury Elder Abuse Committee in 1997. In 1999 Josée participated in the Provincial Elder Abuse Round Table working groups, working to lay the foundation for Ontario's Elder Abuse Strategy.
In 2003, she was hired as Regional Consultant for the North East and is working with the Nipissing, Algoma, Cochrane, Timiskaming, Parry Sound and Manitoulin Districts. Presenter: Josée Miljours from Elder Abuse Prevention (ON)
Limited space; please register to reserve a spot.
1) Sign up through the event webpage https://teamup.com/event/show/id/TorZMLQVnTj2fVRHV88YnWV5LAHAeM
2) Go through event listing on Tangr.com (search Seniors Connections)
3) Send us a message over Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NearNorthPalliativeCareNetwork
4) Email firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Call 705-497-9239 or visit our office at 2025 Main St W
1260 Brookes St