The Nipissing OPP responded to a domestic disturbance incident at a residence on John Street in Sturgeon Falls around 5 p.m. on June 24.
OPP says as a result of the investigation, a 39-year-old person, from Sturgeon Falls, was arrested and charged with:
- Assault - Spousal, contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code (CC);
- Overcome Resistance by Attempting to Choke, Suffocate or Strangle Another Person, contrary to section 246(a) of the CC;
- Resist Peace Officer, contrary to section 129(a) of the CC;
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order (Two Counts), contrary to section 733.1(1) of the CC;
- Uttering Threats to Cause Death - Spousal, contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the CC; and
- Assault Peace Officer, contrary to section 270(1)(a) of the CC.
The accused remains in custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice - Bail Court (video conferencing) on July 2, 2020 in North Bay.