A teenaged Kirkland Lake snowmobiler is facing serious charges after an OPP office was almost run down yesterday.in that town.
An OPP release says an officer attempted to conduct a traffic stop on a snowmobile on a Kirkland Lake street.
"The MSV accelerated towards the officer who was standing outside of the cruiser and was nearly hit," says Constable Adam Gauthier. "The operator of the MSV was taken into custody shortly thereafter."
Damian Pronovost, 19, of Kirkland Lake is charged with:
- Dangerous operation
- Assault a peace officer with a weapon
- Flight from a peace officer
- Drive with no insurance
- Fail to stop for a police officer
- Drive motorized snow vehicle, permit not issued
- Drive a motorized snow vehicle, trail permit not issued
- No Licence to drive upon public trail.
Pronovost was released on an undertaking and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Kirkland Lake on March 25.