NOHA seeking a New Executive DirectorWednesday, January 23, 2013 by: Chris DawsonThe Northern Ontario Hockey Association, which is the governing body for amateur hockey in Northeastern Ontario is seeking a new Executive Director.
The NOHA is an organization of 75 Member Associations with over 15,000 participants. The NOHA oversees the management of hockey programming from an entry level to junior competition. Further information may be found at www.noha.on.ca.
The Northern Ontario Hockey Association is inviting applications for the full time position of Executive Director.
This position will be located in the Association’s office located in North Bay, Ontario.
The successful candidate shall possess the following:
- Knowledge of the Northern Ontario Hockey Association and its Programs
- Experience dealing with a volunteer based organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, communications and website support applications is required.
- Experience in administrative and financial management
- Strong Project Management Skills
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced communicator who is well organized and diplomatic, and has demonstrated skills in negotiation with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
The Executive Director is the Chief Staff Member of the NOHA and is responsible for the overall management and operation of the Association’s Business Office ensuring that Executive Committee policies and directions are implemented. This position shall work with other staff, volunteers and members to ensure that items and services required for the membership are completed and executed as per requirements.
Qualified applicants are invited to express their interest by Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at noon (EST) to:
Northern Ontario Hockey Association
110 Lakeshore Drive
North Bay, On P1A 2A8
Fax: (705) 474-6019
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest.