The North Bay Land Registry Office is movingThursday, February 20, 2014 by: Kate Adams
Ontario will continue to provide North Bay residents with easy access to land registration services at the newly expanded ServiceOntario centre at 447 McKeown Avenue as of Monday, March 3, 2014.
The new location replaces the Land Registry Office at 360 Plouffe St., which will permanently close Friday, Feb. 28 at 5 p.m. The new site features improved accessibility and is 3.6 kilometres away from the former location.
Hours of operation for the North Bay Land Registry Office and the ServiceOntario centre are Monday to Friday. 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The move is part of ServiceOntario’s modernization plan to offer the people of Ontario integrated access to a range of government information and services at any of the nearly 300 ServiceOntario centres across the province.
- ServiceOntario operates 54 Land Registry Offices throughout Ontario.
- The Ontario government is the first in the world to provide electronic land registration.
- Over 17 million remote electronic registrations have been performed since 1999 and 33 million electronic searches since 1995.
- Currently, registration volumes are approximately 1.8 million per year and over 99 percent of registrations are being received electronically.
- ServiceOntario offers more than 40 services online — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.