With 6 more weeks of winter ahead these driving tips will helpTuesday, February 04, 2014 by: Kate Adams
OPP News Release
ALMAGUIN HIGHLANDS - Winter driving can be challenging in Ontario.
Weather can be unpredictable ranging from rain, freezing rain and snow in varying degrees.
Be prepared for any weather and drive according to the conditions. The following tips will help keep you safe on Ontario roads.
• Stay alert, drive slow and maintain a safe following distance from the vehicle in front of you.
• Leave early giving yourself extra time to reach your destination.
• Be prepared, make sure your vehicle is properly maintained and all your vehicle’s fluids are topped up
• Clear all the snow and ice from your vehicle’s windows
• Winter tires are recommended
• Keep a safety kit in your vehicle
• Carry a cell phone and charger with you
• Keep a small quantity of non-perishable foods in your vehicle and a warm blanket
• Let someone know your destination and expected time of arrival or return
• Check road and weather conditions before leaving.
• Additional information is available by dialing 511