Employment Ontario Youth Employment Fund kicks off this weekWednesday, September 25, 2013 by: Kate AdamsYes Employment Services
The new Employment Ontario Youth Employment Fund kicks off this week
Unemployed youth are encouraged to come into Yes Employment Services to register for this new program that will help connect them with employers and get a job placement of four to six months.
The Youth Employment Fund will also help youth cover costs like transportation or tools required for the job.
Job placements will provide more opportunities for youth
to build skills and confidence, get valuable work experience, and connect with employers.
Youth may be eligible if they are:
• between 15 and 29 years of age
• not attending school full-time and
• a resident of Ontario
The Youth Employment Fund will help employers find the skilled workers they need while providing incentives to help cover the cost of wages and training for new hires, when the employer provides a job placement of four to six months.
To be eligible for hiring incentive funding, employers must:
• Be licensed to operate in Ontario
• Be compliant with legislation (health and safety, employment standards, etc.)
• Provide job placements of four to six months in Ontario, and be covered by safety insurance
• Provide job placements that do not displace current or laid-off employees.
The job placements will be assessed for the quality of the placement opportunity, the employer’s previous track record, the potential for employee retention after the placement ends, and the level of employer financial contribution.
To find out more about the Youth Employment Fund go to www.yesnorthbay.com or contact Yes Employment Services at 705-476-3234