Province invests in local arts communityMonday, September 23, 2013 by: Kate AdamsNipissing MPP Victor Fedeli
More than $56,000 in funding is being provided to local artists and arts groups through the Ontario Arts Council, Nipissing MPP Vic Fedeli announced today.
Operating grants include:
· $17,125 for the White Water Gallery through the Visual Arts Artist-Run Centres and Organizations program toward its 2014 operations; and
· $15,000 for the Near North Mobile Media Lab Collective through the Media Arts Organizations program toward its 2014 operations. The Lab is the only artist-run production facility in the north and based in North Bay.
Project grants include:
· $20,000 for the North Bay Symphony Orchestra through the Orchestras Projects program toward the artistic expenses for its 2013-14 series of four concerts;
· $ 2,900 for Near North Voices through the Ontario Arts Presenters program toward two performances by the Elmer Iseler Singers, including a daytime educational school concert followed by an evening concert for the general public; and
· $1,000 for the Capitol Centre through the Ontario Dances program toward dance animator’s honoraria for Bernard Penny ($500) and Michelle Webster ($500).
“My sincere congratulations go to these recipients and to all of those individuals and groups who work daily to contribute to our vibrant arts and cultural community here in Nipissing,” said Fedeli.