OPP locate outdoor grow op in Papineau-Cameron TownshipMonday, September 23, 2013 by: Kate AdamsPAPINEAU-CAMERON TWP) On September 20, 2013 the Ontario Provincial Police Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau North Bay Drug Enforcement Unit supported by the Ontario Provincial Police North East Regional Support Team and Ontario Provincial North Bay Detachment executed a search warrant at a Papineau-Cameron Township property.
As a result of the investigation an outdoor Cannabis marihuana growing operation was located. 23 cannabis marihuana plants, 3.4 kilograms of drying cannabis marihuana, cannabis resin and cocaine were seized during the investigation. Also seized were offence related property and one firearm. One individual was arrested and charged. The charged individual was released on a Promise to Appear and scheduled to attend court in North Bay on November 13, 2013.
The street value of the drugs seized is $58,500.00.
Randy GLANDFIELD age 57, of Papineau-Cameron Township
· Production of Cannabis Marihuana contrary to section 7(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
· Production of Cannabis Resin contrary to section 7(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
· Possession of Cannabis Marihuana for the Purpose of Trafficking contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
· Possession of Controlled Substance contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act – 3 counts.
· Careless Use of a Firearm contrary to section 86(2) of the Criminal Code of Canada
· Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm contrary to section 91(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada.